Friday, February 15, 2019

The Holo Hookup March 2019: London Calling


Hello my lovely Society Sisters! March's The Holo Hookup theme is "London Calling" and I think the polishes match it so well. Of course this is coming from someone who's never been to London or the UK, but I think I've watched enough British movies and tv shows to know ;). Also as someone who's from Seattle I think this could have worked with that city if you swapped the red shade with green. Real quick, if this post is full of mistakes please forgive my sleep deprived brain. My youngest two are sick and I am so out of it! This month the contributors are the three permanent indie brands- Cupcake PolishDifferent Dimensionand Glisten & Glow- with guest brand 'Ard As Nails!



Glisten & Glow "Utterly Knackered" is a bright royal blue linear holo with purple shimmers, green/blue/purple UCC flakes, and a light dusting of silver galaxy holo microglitters. Whhhhhy does the purple shimmer not show up better on my swatches?? Seriously, it's so strong in person I was convinced I'd have no problem capturing it. Shown is two coats plus top coat.





For this look I used Painted Polish Stamped in Cinderelly, Maniology Lilac Clouds, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Watermelon Wizz and Clear Jelly Stamper Best of British stamping plate.


Different Dimension "God Save The Queen" is a darkened red linear holographic polish with added red microflakies and shimmers. If you love yummy rich and vampy shades like I do, this is perfection. Shown is two coats plus top coat.





For this look I used Powder Perfect Gold Stamping polish and Clear Jelly Stamper Best of British stamping plate.


Cupcake Polish "Cracking On" is a grey creme based linear holographic nail polish packed with silver shimmers. This is a really interesting shade that leans almost green in some lights. Shown is two coats plus top coat.





For this look I used Painted Polish Midnight Mischief, Maniology Lilac Clouds, and Clear Jelly Stamper Best of British stamping plate.


‘Ard As Nails "It’s All Gone Pear Shaped" is a deep grey tinted blue linear holo with red metallic and multi colored chameleon flakes. This shade is very pretty and applied well but I struggled with the cap. It's square, bulky, and didn't screw back on in alignment with the bottle. Shown is two coats plus top coat.





For this look I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri White on Time and Denim, Painted Polish Stamped in Crimson, and Clear Jelly Stamper Best of British stamping plate.

This month there is a limited number of boxes available (NOT a pre-order) – sale starts Thursday, February 21, 2018 at 9pm
EST - while supplies last.

The Holo Hookup
Shop
Facebook
Instagram


Guest Maker Social Media Links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ardasnailsuk/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ardasnailsuk/


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!