Friday, December 11, 2015

Formula X for Sephora Creme Swatches Part 1



Hi ladies! I have some swatches of a brand I haven't featured for some time even though it's one of my favorites. Today's post is a LONG time coming. These photos have been chilling out in my computer since January! But I haven't forgotten about them, and today is their day to shine. Last Christmas I bought the Formula X for Sephora Paint the Town set. It contained a whooping 22 mini bottles of varying formulas. I usually try to stay away from minis because they never apply as well with their tiny brushes. Still this had so many polishes, I couldn't resist buying it so I could try them all. I feel like I don't see enough Formula X in the nail blog circuit. I know it's mainly because of its limited availability and partly because of the higher price ($10.50-$12.50). So I had planned on swatching the whole set for those who want to get a better idea of the polishes. The descriptions and images on Sephora's site aren't sufficient enough. I haven't gotten to all of them yet, but I did begin with all of the cremes since that's my favorite formula. These are all part of the permanent line and are categorized under "The Colors". The set contained eleven cremes which I have broken up into two posts.

My experience with Formula X polishes has been really positive for the most part. These creme shades are high quality formulas and the application mostly without complaint. I rarely find a polish that will stay on my nails (my nails are very thin so they have a high tendency for chipping). So I am super impressed when something stays and these were long-wearing. Let's take a closer look at the shades.


Perfection is a purply taupe shade that I can never get enough of. I actually wore this on my toes for about a month it wore so well. This is two coats, no topcoat.


Dramatic is a greyed lilac.Would you describe this shade as dramatic? No. Is it Gorgeous? Yes. This is two coats, no topcoat.


Monumental is a light pink tinted nude. To be expected for such a light shade it was a little streaky and not as easy to work with. This was three coat to get it all evened out. Not actually sure if I used top coat or not.


Dark Matter is a pure black. Not much more to say. Just a nice, basic black. This is two coats, no top coat.


A+ is a rich medium berry. Classic, flattering shade. This is two coats. no top coat.



Gemini is a vibrant orchid purple. You may be over this shade by now but I'm certainly not bored with this one! This is three coats to cover some ridges and no topcoat.

These are all normally $10.50, but it's showing online right now that they are on sale for $5! So if you've been wanting to give them a try, I would say now is the perfect time! (It may be online only. I just called my local Sephora and theirs were ringing up full price.)


I hope you enjoyed Part 1 of my swatches. Don't miss out on Part 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!