Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lead Light Stamping Over Polish My Life Muskrat Martini


Hello lovelies! I have been on a real nail art kick lately. I've acquired a *few* nail polishes in the last month or two that have really inspired me. It's always exciting to find new polishes that have so many possible uses. The base polish of this mani is from a new-to-me brand, Polish My Life. I've heard great things about their formulas, especially their pastel cremes. Since I'm always on the lookout for good quality pastels I knew I had to try them for myself.


I bought three Polish My Life pastel shades and Muskrat Martini is the first one I've tried. I am in love with this shade! Out of the dozens of purples I own this is the lightest one I have. It fills a gap that I needed and it is such a dreamy color. For this mani I wanted to use it as a base for some nail art, but I also wanted the shade to have some attention too.


For my accent nails I stamped with an image from the Cici & Sisi 03 plate over my base color. Then with a small detail brush I added different colors in the stamped design using the Polish Pusher Sheer Perfection collection. I tried making a green color by combining the Teal and Lemon Drop sheer polishes. It turned out to be a kind of funky green, but the rest of the colors look really good.


I'd been wanting to do more of the lead light technique since my first attempt back in July. The polishes I used in that mani were even more sheer than these and I was excited to try it with my new Polish Pusher shades. In theory this technique is easy and straightforward. It just takes me a really long time to do!


What I used:
Polish My Life Muscat Martini- pastel purple
Polish Pusher Sheer Perfection in Teal, Ultraviolet, Hot Pink and Lemon Drop
Konad Special Polish black
Cici & Sisi 03 plate
Seche Vite topcoat


What do you think of the lead light look? Should I try out some more of these manis? I hope you're not getting tired of my nail art because I have a lot more planned for the upcoming weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!