Friday, August 5, 2016

ABC Challenge: N is for Neon


Hello my polished peeps! I'm excited about bringing you this week's installment of the ABC Challenge. The letter "N" presented so many options, I'm a little sad to only do one look for it. Though I did manage to include two of my top themes in here- neon and negative space.


I have been wanting to do this mani ever since I received the UberChic Beauty Collection 9 stamping plates a few months back. I even thought last week's Paint All The Nail Presents Neon linkup would be the perfect time for it. I have put it off for so long because I knew how time consuming it would be. Also, I rarely do negative space manis because they kind of intimidate me. Is that silly?


I started off by stamping this image on my black Mini UberChic Mat four times (yes, I only did four nails!) to create decals. I got my nails ready by applying base coat and one coat of a sheer nude polish so that my nail looked more even where it was going to be showing. Then I used a small detail brush to paint each polish on. Once I had the images all filled in I painted over my decals with a clear coat (not a fast drying top coat). Once they were dry enough to peel off my mat without them loosing shape, I removed them and placed them on my nails. With an orange stick, scissors, and acetone I removed any excess from the edges. Then I finished it all off with a coat of Seche Vite top coat.


What I used:
Essie High Maintenance- sheer nude
Rica Whiteout
Pretty Serious Fluffykins, Doodlebug, Peachy Poo, Little Duckling, Bunny Foo Foo, Cutie Patootie
UberChic Beauty 9-03 stamping plate


I will concede that these colors aren't typical neon, but they are pastel neon and look brighter in person. After anticipating this design for so long I wasn't sure if I would be happy with it in the end. Overall, I love it! If I did it over (no way) I would change a couple things, but for the most part it is just how I envisioned! I think my index and pinky look especially good.

Check out this week's challenge manis below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!