Friday, August 15, 2014

Southwestern Wedding Anniversary Nails


Last Saturday my husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary! Each year I give myself a nice pat on the back for making it this far. Yay for us!

Last year's anniversary nails were more soft and romantic. This year I went with colorful and graphic. Our wedding colors were blue and orange. It's one of my favorite combinations because I love blue, and I love bright colors!



To celebrate we got a babysitter and did dinner and a movie. I still am not used to hiring a babysitter. I know being married and having kids should make me feel like an adult. Still, it really hits home when I have to hand over that cash to a young girl, because I used to be that girl and it didn't seem that long ago!


For this mani: 
I started with a nude base and added the coral gradient with a sponge. 

To smooth it out, and add some sparkle, I applied Out The Door Northern Lights topcoat. 

Then I attempted my first ever full nail tribal designs. I have a bad habit of doing my nails in really poor lighting and you can see here where I missed some spots. One day I will get my own mani cave.. 

I didn't want to smear all that line work so I first applied Seche Vite, then a matte coat over that.


What I used:
OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons- nude
Maybelline Color Show Coral Heat- light coral
love, charlotte xo- (no name) coral
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
Out The Door Northern Lights topcoat- holo glitter
China Glaze Matte Magic topcoat

I like how the glitter looks under the matte topcoat. It gives it a cool textured that's really subtle. What did you think? Anyone else have an anniversary this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!